Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Webelos

Caleb earned his Webelos rank last week. Scouting is still a little bit like a foreign country to me. Webelos?!? What the heck does that mean? Luckily, Brad is an Eagle Scout and he was really into scouting when he was younger so Caleb has a parent that will help guide him through the world of merit badges, certifications, weird skits and silly songs. Oh, and I was told that Webelo means "We Be Loyal Scouts".
Caleb is at an age where it is not quite as cool to be outwardly affectionate to your mom in public. Here is is pinning the mother's badge on me.


I understand and I respect that (I respect it but I don't have to like it). Look at how thrilled he is to shake my hand. It was all I could do to restrain myself from giving him a huge bear hug and kissing him.

Earlier this year, Caleb had the Pinewood Derby. He had a great time making it with the help of his dad. I think it's so funny that they are carving over an old tee shirt in front of the tv. Because you know, if it were me, we would have newspapers spread out and doing it at the kitchen counter.

The finished project. Ooooh, so sleek and shiny!


It wasn't the fastest car in the pack but adults and scouts alike appreciate the aesthetic qualities his wheels.
Scouts is great! Caleb loves it.

1 comment:

T Fowler said...

So actually....(I'm being an annoying smarty pants here)... it's "We Be Loyal Scouts" or Webelos. It's good to know I've learned something from having this calling.

Caleb is awesome! Congrats!