Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hanging out at the Bird

Two times a year, the Millers go up to Snowbird and stay at The Cliff Lodge.  In July there are always people coming and going and it is a little bit like party central. In October, it is more laid back and relaxed, due to everyone schedules. It's more difficult to make it up there when everyone is in school and there are a lot of activities going on.

This fall, we managed to go up for a couple of days. Snowbird did NOT look like the picture above. We were looking forward to enjoying the changing fall colors but we got a winter scene instead.


It was pretty but it didn't make me want to go outside and walk around the resort very much. That didn't seem to deter the kids very much. They were running around in their swimsuits like it was the middle of August.
One afternoon, I took my parents up there and we spent the evening and had dinner there.  My mom and dad loved just sitting around and relaxing with the kids.
Here are Emma and Caleb making the most of the facilities. The hot tub out on our balcony was a good place to relax.
Can you see Caleb?


 They had a lot of fun at the pool. What these pictures don't show is that my mom is wearing a winter coat when she was snapping these pictures.

After work Brad came up and went to the spa. I swear, if we had a steam room in our house, I would never see him. Thanks Wood and Susan for letting me share the condo with my folks, we had a nice, quiet, relaxing evening.

No comments: