Thursday, September 15, 2011

With No Adult Supervision

On the last Tuesday of August, Rachel and Emma wanted to go to Thanksgiving Point Gardens. In August, Thanksgiving Point has Two Dollar Tuesdays, which means any venue there (except the movie theater) has the admission price of only two dollars. Whatta deal! Unfortunately, the month of August flew by and we didn't have any Tuesdays available before school started.

Rachel got her driver's license the Friday before.

That means that she can drive a vehicle without an adult sitting by her in the passenger seat.

That means that Rachel suddenly has dreams of her driving down the freeway with the music blasting, wearing impossibly stylish sunglasses and the stylish scarf she has 'round her neck flapping in the wind.

Dream on, Sistah.

Still the girls managed to talk me into letting them take my car after school to Thanksgiving Point to walk around the gardens for awhile. Thanksgiving Point is less than ten minutes away from our house but every road between home and there is under construction. Whenever I drive through the labyrinth of cones and sudden lane changes, I tightly grip the steering wheel and hold my breath. So I had to wonder how a newly licensed driver (my first born in whom I'm particularly fond of) would handle it. With my teeth clenched and my toes gripping the carpet, I looked into the expectant eyes of my only two daughters and said, "Yes." (I couldn't go because I was in charge of the Young Women's activity that night.) I told them to make it home well before the activity and watched them drive away, all while praying fervently for their safety.

Rachel and Emma love to take pictures, but if you have known them for any amount of time, you already knew that. Here are some pictures they took while wandering the gardens.











They not only look good in front of the camera but apparently, they do well behind the camera too. To tell you the truth, I was a tad jealous of them. I love walking around the gardens and it must have been so fun feel so independent and grown up. They both came home in one piece and made it in time for the YW activity that night, which was a picnic with your mom (mmm, sushi!).

Emma chillin' with our buddies the Tuttles.

What a nice day!
I wonder when they will ask me for the car again?

No comments: